The New Year is the ultimate new beginning. It is the perfect chance to leave behind everything that’s negative and start a new life, break bad habits and set yourself up on the path to success.
It is no wonder that the New Year is celebrated with great enthusiasm all around the world and that it is tied to many traditions and customs.
Many believe that wearing and surrounding yourself with certain colours can bring you luck and good fortune. So let’s take a look at the shades that might help us attract positive things in the New Year 2019!
2019, according to the Chinese art of Feng Shui, is the year of the Earth Pig. The Pig is a sign dominated by Water and Wood, which means that to balance the year’s energies, we need to wear colours that symbolize the elements of Fire and Metal: red, orange and pink for the former, and white and golden for the latter.
Of course, it is not just the Chinese zodiac that we should take into consideration when planning our wardrobes for the year ahead. Different occasions call for different shades that are a powerful tool for conveying messages to the people we interact with.
- Choose red when you need to make a substantial impact. It brings out your sensuality, so it is an obvious choice for romantic date nights, but it can also be an excellent colour for special events, birthdays and holidays, as well as for those occasions when you need to demonstrate leadership. Red is the colour of power, passion and love.
“When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
- Orange, the way most people imagine it, is not a natural colour to wear, but if you look at some of its more unique shades, you will be surprised at how pretty they are! Try a feminine peach, an elegant salmon or a rich terracotta! They are a great way to spice up your casual outfits.
- Pink is a sweet and tender colour that can make you look younger and there is a flattering shade of it for every skin tone. A hot fuchsia or a fun strawberry pink will look great on darker skin, while lighter tones like blush or rose will look beautiful on a fair complexion.
- White is one of the most popular colours around the world. It is crisp, fresh and can be paired with anything, but if you want to take it to a new level, add some texture! Lace, chunky knits, ribbing or 3D fabrics are just a few examples of how you can make classic more exciting.
“The joy of dressing is an art.” – John Galliano
- Gold is everyone’s favourite metallic colour, a symbol of prosperity, magic and glamour. You probably don’t want to wear it every day, but when it comes to special occasions, there’s nothing quite like it. You can go with a head-to-toe golden look , or add a few accents, depending on how formal and over-the-top the occasion is. Gold is the perfect colour to wear this New Year’s Eve if you want to attract wealth and harmony into your life.
Which colour are you going to wear? What is going to be your go-to shade in 2019?
We would love to hear from you! Please send us the photos of your New Year’s look, and receive a 15% coupon code along with a COMPLIMENTARY online styling consultation. The person who sends us the most original look will receive a surprise gift!